Friday, November 6, 2009

Since Wednesday evening, I've been listening to a good ammount of electronic music. I'm very impressed with duos like MSTRKFT, Daft Punk, and Justice.

I found a very interesting music video from Justice for their single "Stress". Some may say it's pointless, but from the feeling that it gives me, it evokes emotion and controversy, so i say it's good art.



Here's and interesting Time article about the video that I found helpful in understanding it a bit more.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1807724,00.html?xid=rss-arts

I also am getting an early Christmas present on December 12. My wife is getting us tickets to go see David Bazan play at a house in Indy. Bazan is a super great songwriter and singer. He's been doing some touring with his live band, and they've been doing some songs from his past catalog. Like a different arrangement of "I Never Wanted You" from Headphones, and "Magazine" from Control.





I'm looking to finish the old mixes for Drill Alaska this weekend, and maybe somehow post them here. Also there's a few song that need to be completely arranged so that they can be recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment